Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of equipment can I control with the Confirmed Automation System?
The Confirmed Automation System has been developed to communicate with all standard commercial and industrial devices. Outputs can be included for 110 volt AC or 220 V AC devices. Inputs include AC and DC discrete switches, and standard analog controls such as 0 – 10 VDC and 4-20 mA inputs.
- Where do I get spare parts?
Spare parts are available from Confirmed Automation System or from our suppliers. We have been careful to avoid the use of proprietary parts. That way all of the parts can be easily purchased over the Internet.
- How easy it is to set up after I purchase the Confirmed Automation System?
Setup information is provided on this web site, with more detailed information in the manual. The power of the Confirmed Automation System is that setup is extremely simple, and can be completed with users that have no automation experience. There is also no need for interfaces between different systems, as everything you will need is provided on the Confirmed Automation System.
The only help you may require is from an electrician with some automation experience. Connecting instruments or devices to your Confirmed Automation System would normally be handled by an electrician.
- How many devices can be connected to the Confirmed Automation System?
Every CA Controller can be connected to 256 inputs or outputs of any type. If more devices are required, multiple CA Controllers can be installed and connected to the router.
- How do I connect to my Confirmed Automation System over the Internet?
Simply access your CA System by going to this web site, and clicking on the Member link found on the home page. Type your user name and password and you will be automatically connected.
- Do I need special software to connect to the Confirmed Automation System over the Internet?
No, just go to any computer connected to the Internet, and using your browser you can click on the Member link found on the home page. No special software is required on the computer you are using to remotely view your Confirmed Automation System.
- How secure is the Confirmed Automation System?
The Confirmed Automation System consists of software operating on a standard PC connected to the Internet. A firewall is automatically provided with the router which links the computer to the Internet. Each system is also supplied with Internet Security software. Access is restricted with user names and passwords.
- What about reliability, what if the computer stops working?
The Confirmed Automation System is equipped with a Watchdog module which continually checks that the software is running properly. If the computer should fail, it will be automatically rebooted, and the software will restart automatically. This is the same level of reliability provided with most automation systems.
Further reliability features can be made available. Please contact us if your system requires more.
- Can I have more than one CA Controller?
Yes, more than one controller can be connected with the same Confirmed Automation System software. Communication happens with standard Ethernet network.
- How do I get reports created that show my production data?
Reports can be generated with any standard report development tool. The data is stored in a format that can be read by all standard reporting software packages, and the data has been stored as simple lists, to enable the creation of simple queries to extract the data you require.
- How do I configure the trending tool to show data about my operation?
The trending tool is pre-installed on your CAS computer. To display plots of your equipment operation, simply select the items you would like to be included on the plot, and the time frame you wish to review. Press continue and the plot is automatically generated.
- Can I run batch processes with the Confirmed Automation System?
Many controllers can only operate continuous operations such as heating systems or alarm monitoring. The Confirmed Automation System can be used for batch operations, where a series of automated events will occur when the user starts the operation, either manually or using a schedule or some other technique.
- Do I have to buy special sensors or equipment for the Confirmed Automation System to be able to connect it?
No, the big advantage of the Confirmed Automation System is that it can connect to all standard instruments and devices.
- Do I need an automation expert to do the setup or installation?
The installation should be done by an electrician that has some understanding of standard instrument and automation circuits. The setup and programming is simple enough for anybody to do.
- Will the camera provide video or just still images?
The camera will provide both video and still images in colour.
- Will the camera record video?
Recording software is not included with the camera that is supplied with your Confirmed Automation System. If you wish to upgrade the camera, please contact us for available options.